elizabeth starNew Blog Banner

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Reminiscing

My old manager, back when I used to work at the pharmacy, told me that I was child-like, not childish. I think that's one of the best compliments I've ever received, and I think about it from time to time. I was 16 at the time and loved wearing purple lipstick, cutesy clips in my hair and wore bags that were shaped like animals, yet I wasn't very immature at all. (well maybe sometimes hehe)

I reflect on this because not much has changed 5 years later. Ok, I traded in purple lipstick for clear lip gloss and animal 'shaped' bags for animal print bags ;-) I've gotten older, matured, but never lost that child-like quality that my old manager brought to my attention many moons ago. And I can never see myself NOT being this way. I think I'll always have an appreciation for anything bright, happy and cute and I'll always take extreme pleasure in collecting toys and watching cartoons, haha.

Maybe the only thing that will change will be when I have children, and its time to buy them toys and trinkets, not myself. (although I'll secretly pick out what I like so I can play when they're not looking, mwhaha!) Or maybe this child-like quality will make me a special mom one day... or possibly a really lame, embarrasing mom who has more toys then her children haha..

All I know is I could never trade what I love in for a more 'refined' way of life. I'll never trade in cute t-shirts for "business-attire", my walls will always be full of wonderful color (the color beige does not register in my brain), and I'll never forget how to be silly... because life is too short to be 'grown-up' all the time. I'll leave my maturity to deal with my finances. ;-)

0 Comments:

Add a comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Archives

Links

Blogger




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from elizabeth star.. Make your own badge here.