elizabeth starNew Blog Banner

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trash to Treasure


Trash to Treasure, originally uploaded by elizabeth star.

My boyfriend's neighbor is moving and threw out a bunch of furniture. I saw this and just had to take it home! (not without a *huff* from Sal...he had to stuff it in his car hehe) It's pretty old and it wobbles a little, but nothing a new coat of paint and some cardboard under one of the legs can't fix :) It was originally a yellowish color, but I decided to paint it red to match the "aqua and red" theme of the backroom in the attic that I fixed up over the summer. It's perfect for storing all my mother's old craft supplies that were all boxed up.

The canisters on top of the dresser are an old set that belonged to my mother as well. I don't know why, but I love anything old and previously own... that has a history to it of some sort. Old things have character and a kind of charm that I can't pass up. I guess that's why most of my favorite things in the world were either passed down to me by my mother or grandmother or found in the trash or a flea market. Just one of my quirks ;-)

0 Comments:

Add a comment

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Archives

Links

Blogger




www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from elizabeth star.. Make your own badge here.